MSC has taken on complex care and redefined it. By assembling unparalleled clinical and technological expertise, we can provide superior care for the lifetime of any complex file. The combination of our Complex Care Unit, best-in-class provider network, and the highest percentage of licensed personnel in the industry, ensures cost containment and optimized outcomes.
MSC’s Complex Care Unit includes a team of Registered Nurses, expert Medical Equipment Specialists, Assistive Technology Professionals and our own Home Modifications Team, with a complete understanding of the multifaceted needs and the devastating impact a catastrophic injury can have on the injured workers’ quality of life.
At the heart of our managed care initiatives is the comprehensive review and prompt reporting of treatment plan goals, interventions, progress, and outcomes. We provide a cross-functional, holistic approach committed to unparalleled outcomes, lower claim costs and superior care for your most complex claims. We will work collaboratively with your team to guarantee high quality service and anticipate and adjust treatment goals in alignment with progress to avert any unnecessary costs or services.
Supportive and Streamlined Communications
Each case is handled by a Complex Care Coordinator, your conduit between the clinical team and the payor, to provide clear and consistent communication back to the claims professional and nurse case manager. We provide timely and accurate communication between the adjuster, nurse case manager and discharge planner, and prevent provider leakage through the controlled management of approved providers.
MSC’s Complex Care Unit offers:
An in-depth home health summary of each complex file is provided weekly by a clinical specialist, maintaining a constant stream of communication
- Wound care treatment & prevention program reduces readmissions and contains cost
- RNs are available 24/7
- Quality assurance is monitored by a licensed legal nurse consultant
In-house Home Modifications Team travels to injured worker’s home to perform on-site evaluation
- Digital photos of ongoing projects are monitored throughout the construction process
- Completion package is provided, including copies of all permits, liens, photos & warranties
- Expertise available in ramping , stair & ceiling lifts, door widening, vertical platform lifts, barrier-free bathrooms, accessible kitchens, and much more
File Reviews available for long-term, large-loss files
- Comprehensive report produced regarding effectiveness of current services and recommendations on all home health and equipment needs
- Projection of available cost savings
- Professionals qualified to perform seating clinics and pressure mappings
- Wound care prevention and treatment proficiency is the foundation of all product recommendations
- Certified Assistive Technology Professionals provide solutions for:
- Powerchairs & Manual Wheelchairs
- Custom equipment for extracurricular activities
- Environmental Control Units
- Speech augmentation devices
- Alternative computer input devices
- iPad communication device & applications
To place a referral or get help on any Complex Care claim
call 800.848.1989 ext. 4196 or email firstname.lastname@example.org